"There is something so special in the early leaves drifting from the trees–as if we are all to be allowed a chance to peel, to refresh, to start again."
– Ruth Ahmed
Autumn brings the winds of distant lands, along with the fallen leaves that bring another spring of colours. The warm breeze comforts and soothes us bringing back beautiful memories of many autumns gone by. The most beautiful season on earth, it has a sudden charm that entices the eyes, and makes way for creating those unheard stories, poems, and prose pieces resting inside our souls. Let’s weave those tales and verses and bring them out of our autumn trees and before they fall down upon earth, send them to us and we will embellish them into our Autumn/ Fall Issue, which will be our third in line and the last one for this year.
Some simple guidelines for you to follow and enjoy the submission processes:
1. Send only one short story. The word limit should be between (3000-3500) words maximum.
2. Only one story per household will be entertained.
3. For poetry send up to three poems in one doc. File. (Poems should be only 40-50 lines in length). Longer poems can be sent but they will be considered in a very exceptional case only.
4. For book reviews, articles, essays, vignettes or prose pieces limit them within 1000-1500 words maximum.
5. Type in Times New Roman, 12 pt. and check for grammatical structure and do sound proof reading before sending your pieces. No fancy colours or styling should be used in your document anywhere.
6. No erotica please.
7. Send in your submissions with “Autumn Submission” in the subject line with your current Bio (30-40 words only) and a clear HD image in one mail only, to email@example.com
8. You can explore varied genres and subgenres for the portrayal of autumn season in your pieces. Whimsical, Fantasy, Mystery, Drama, Thriller or anything eclectic.
9. The last date for the submission of your poems/stories/articles is 5th September 2021 midnight IST.
10. No mail will be sent about acknowledgement of your submission. We will connect with you only if your piece gets selected. Kindly do not inbox us with query letters asking about the same.
11. After your piece gets selected and published, you will have to purchase your author’s copy of the Journal and the payment will be taken in advance before the Journal hits into the press.
The Editorial Board is waiting to read your intriguing Autumn Pieces, so send them in with autumn theme, that needs to be compulsively used in your work.
Director, Founder & Chief Editor